ss_blog_claim=85dcf545dd2eeb45ad545d984558cff6

The business blog from Epic Zone Inc. Posts include news and updates from our 2 businesses: Epic Custom PC and The Epic Host.

Monday, September 18, 2006

vbmjhfvj

My name is Eric Miner and I was born on August 11, 1998 in Frick Hospital in Mount Pleasant PA. In 1993 I started my first ever kindergarten class in Clifford N Pritts Elementary. I can still remember the layout of the room and the various posters and such on the wall. This class produced many of my friends that I am still around today. In my class there was only half a day until you went home. That changed the next year when I started first grade. Other than the change in time everything else was basically the same. I would learn all of the basic math and spelling needs and made some new friends from the other kindergarten classes. In school I was more academically gifted than athletically gifted. I didn’t play any sports as a child and I never really liked baseball that much so I didn’t bother playing any sports. I went on gradually from year to year and along the way I did finally pick up on the sport of golf. My grandfather is really a big golfer so his influence has basically made the entire family golf. My parents would take me as a smaller child and at first it was very hard for me to get on to. Since I’m left handed I had a hard time getting used to the right handed clubs that the pro shop had as rental clubs. It took some time, but I eventually got the hang of the right handed shooting and golf has really become one of the greatest pastimes in my life. I find it peaceful and relaxing so I go out whenever I get the chance to on a nice day. After I went into the Junior High school I began to develop an interest in computers. My dad was really into computers and has been since they have been nothing more than a black screen with a few lines on it. I was basically always around computers and I found a great interest in the capabilities they have. In Junior high I took many different electives that could help expand my knowledge of technology even more.

Another event that occurred in Junior high changed my life forever. I my eighth grade gym class I was placed with many ninth graders I did not know. The class required us to write our names on our gym shirts and considering I’m a messy writer mine was hard to read. One of the kids thought my name was Epic for some reason and ironically the name stuck and it was my nickname. It may sound strange, but if not for this mix up I really don’t think I would have some of the friends I do. Unfortunatly the guy who confused my name committed suicide two years later. I gained a lot of friends because of him and for that I will forever be grateful. In fact people still call me Epic to this day. Even the parents of my friends don’t know my actual name.
During high school came one of the most important times in a persons life, gaining your drivers lisense. I first started driving in a 1996 Chevy Beretta, it wasn’t much, but everyone loves their first car. It provided a huge sense of freedom and made me feel like I was more independent. After driving my Beretta through high school I decided it was time for a change and this summer I bought a 1998 Passat. I love my car so far and don’t plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.
By the time I had finished high school I had become an avid golfer who enjoyed working on computers for a living. In the summer of 2006 I was accepted at the university of Pittsburgh in Greensburg and can not wait to see what the future holds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home