ss_blog_claim=85dcf545dd2eeb45ad545d984558cff6

The business blog from Epic Zone Inc. Posts include news and updates from our 2 businesses: Epic Custom PC and The Epic Host.

Monday, October 16, 2006

osCommerce Cafe.

I was recently asked to review a OsCommerce templates web site named OsCommerce Café. OcCommerce, in case you don’t know, is a free online store builder. This free tool available at oscommerce.com allows you to build your own personal web store and accept a variety of payment options very easily. I’ve personally used OsCommerce when I attempted to build up my own store, but I found I didn’t have a whole lot of things to sell.

However since I wasn’t asked to review OsCommerce I will talk about the page I WAS asked to review. I quickly checked out The osCommerce cafe to see exactly what they offered to the customers. Their templates appear to be quite professional and the home page is littered with some very nice looking store fronts. With my web design experience I can tell these templates were made by very good professionals who had a good handle on what they were doing. The site offers a variety of color schemes, although a basic one is usually the best choice, for a variety of different categories that are listed on the left hand side of the page.

Now comes one of the most important aspects of the site, the price. Memberships vary from 3, 6, and 12 month terms. These memberships allow for an unlimited number of downloads during that time period. Considering my previous knowledge in design I can tell you that for a well designed template you’re most likely going to pay no less that 50 if you’re really lucky and for the most part you’ll be paying well over 100. This site charges $89 for a 3 month membership, $158 for 6 months, and $299 for 12. To me this seems more than reasonable considering you can get all the templates you want in those time periods.

Now comes the simple question here, would I recommend this service to you? Well I know one thing for sure, any normal user would have a hard time creating their own design and going to a third party is usually the right answer. This site appears to have a great core of designs for download and at a reasonable price. Overall I think I would have to give OsCommerceCafe a 4 out of 5 on my scale.



This was a paid review. Although it was paid, I researched into the topic before writing a review out. This review remains to be 100% honest and is based solely on my opinion. I was only paid to review the site honestly, I was not paid to give the site a pre-determined review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home